Frequently Asked Questions
Foothill Gold Line – Pasadena to Azusa
When will the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa open for service?
Passenger service to the Arcadia, Monrovia, Duarte/City of Hope, Irwindale, Azusa Downtown and APU/Citrus College Stations began on Saturday, March 5, 2016.
Where are the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa stations located?
- Arcadia Station is located at 201 N. First Avenue (the northwest corner of First Avenue and Santa Clara Street).
- Monrovia Station is located at 1651 South Primrose Avenue (between Myrtle and Magnolia Avenues, off Pomona Avenue).
- Duarte/City of Hope Station is located at 1777 Duarte Road (just west of Highland Avenue).
- Irwindale Station is located at 16017 Avenida Padilla (just east of the Irwindale Avenue/I-210 Freeway overpass).
- The Azusa Downtown Station is located at 780 N. Alameda Avenue (east side of Azusa Avenue at Santa Fe Avenue, one block north of Foothill Boulevard).
- The APU/Citrus College Station is located at 905 N. Citrus Avenue (north of the intersection of Foothill Boulevard and Citrus Avenue).
Is parking available at all of the new stations?
Yes, all six stations on the Foothill Gold Line from Pasadena to Azusa have parking facilities. Here are the locations and number of spaces at each facility:
- Arcadia Station Parking has 300 spaces and is located at 89 E. Santa Clara Street.
- Monrovia Station Parking has 350 spaces and is located at 1641 S. Primrose Avenue.
- Duarte/City of Hope Station Parking has 125 spaces and is located at 1789 Business Center Drive.
- Irwindale Station Parking has 350 spaces and is located at 6363 N. Irwindale Avenue.
- The Azusa Downtown Station Parking has 200 spaces and is part of a joint use facility for civic center, bus and Gold Line users. The facility is located at 801 N. Alameda Avenue.
- The APU/Citrus College Station Parking has 200 spaces and is located at 901B N. Citrus Avenue.
What is the train schedule for the Arcadia, Monrovia, Duarte/City of Hope, Irwindale, Azusa Downtown and APU/Citrus College Stations?
The train operations are managed by Metro and are subject to change. As of now, Gold Line trains operate between the Sierra Madre Villa Station in Pasadena and APU/Citrus College Station in Azusa from about 3:30 AM to 12:40 AM, Monday thru Friday; and from about 3:30 AM to 1:50 AM, Saturday and Sunday (click here to see full schedule). For questions about the operation of the Gold Line (such as train schedules, train fares, parking, etc.) please can contact Metro directly at 1(323) Go-Metro (1.323.466.3876) or at metro.net.
How much does it cost to ride the Gold Line, and will there be a charge to park at the new stations?
Questions about the cost to ride, train schedules or if there will be a fee to park, should be directed to Metro, as they are responsible for the operation of the light rail extension. As of now, Metro does not charge for parking in most of their parking facilities and current train fares are as follows: $1.75/ride, $7/day, $25/week and $100/month with a tap card (discounts are available for students, seniors, the disabled, and others).
However, these are governed by Metro and subject to change. Metro Customer Service can be reached at 1-323-466-3876 (1-323-Go Metro) or at www.metro.net.
How can I speak to someone if I have questions about the project?
- Call us: (626) 471-9050;
Visit our office:
406 E. Huntington Drive, Suite 202, Monrovia, CA
- Send us an email to email@example.com.
Is the Construction Authority a department of Metro?
No. The Foothill Gold Line Construction Authority (Construction Authority) is a separate public agency created by California State legislation to plan, design and construct the Metro Gold Line from Los Angeles east to Montclair.
The Construction Authority has a strategic partnership with Metro. We plan, design and build the Foothill Gold Line using Metro’s design guidelines and specifications and Metro operates and maintains the line following construction. Metro is actively involved in the project as we build the line as well. Learn more about the Construction Authority by clicking here.
Who do I talk to about contracting and job opportunities with the Construction Authority?
To register to receive information on upcoming contracting opportunities with the Construction Authority, register here.
Who do I contact if I have a claim to report?
For submit a claim for possible damages from construction activities, please contact:
Community Relations Manager
Foothill Transit Constructors
1300 W. Optical Drive, Suite 500
Azusa, CA 91702
Office: (626) 610-0300
How can I stay updated on the Foothill Gold Line project?
Receiving progress reports and construction alerts on the Foothill Gold Line is easy. Register online here to begin receiving our project e-newsletter to your email.
When will the line be extended from Glendora to Montclair?
The Construction Authority anticipates breaking ground on the Glendora to Montclair project in October 2017. The first year of the project will be used to relocate utilities, conduct other pre-construction activities, and to hire a design-build contractor. The project schedule, also updated in January 2017, assumes that a design-build contractor will be hired in late 2018 and take about seven years to finalize design and build the project. Substantial completion is assumed in late-2025 to early 2026. It is important to note that these are estimates; once a design-builder is hired, the project estimate and schedule will be reviewed once again to conform with the contractor’s bid and workplan.